Today I finally remembered to bring in the Lysol wipes to clean my desk. This place is very filthy. They've cut back the cleaning crew and they've also cut back on our supplies budget (I NEED canned air.) They just replaced the air filters in the ceiling too. I think this has been my dustiest desk yet!
While cleaning I opted to get rid a a few things. I figured the less 'stuff' the better. Downsized my pen, highlighter, pencil collection to just 1 mug. got rid of a candy dish another co-worker had made and left behind when she was RIF'd a couple years ago. I think I made the mistake of taking my laptop 'table' away. My computer was at eye level and now I look down a bit. - Betcha, it will be back very soon. I also got rid of a dry erase board and markers. Down sized my step files to 1 and replaced my 'in' box for post mail.
Next I think I want to de-clutter my walls. I already started doing that when I wrote my post about the messages I had hanging on my wall. The only personal things left are a bible verse - Gal 5:22-23, a work prayer, and my "Hannah's Hero" pin along with a post card. That recognizes when I concurred my fear of giving blood. : ) Other things posted are work notes, map of the world, calendar, and a Hodgepodge of items I got when I went to D.C. and met with carriers.
I joked as I'd get my desk cleaned today and they would lay me off tomorrow. Oh well, I DID tell my manager I was trying to clean up my desk for the next person! ; )
You know, they told us the next expected date to hear something would be tomorrow. I am not putting too much stock in it. I did do some digging and have speculated some ideas. I'm not going to discuss them at this time. BUT it's calmed me down just a bit.
Today is bring your child to work day. Ty opted for the day with his gpa. They are going to tour the KC SCOUT office. (It would be interesting to him only he's already seen it with Cub Scouts) There are a few more activities only I cannot remember them but do remember they are going to the sign shop to make a sign. That would be the BIG highway and street signs! : ) He was going to go with gma who works for the government, but he's already done that once. Heck, she sent me the schedule and I told her forget Ty - take me! They were going to have a mock trial, see the S.W.A.T. team, FBI, K-9 unit, and etc!!! She said the men in uniform were easy on the eye! Oh la la!!! Unfortunately, I'm here today.
I'm going back for my laptop stand, my neck already hurts!
Peace.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment